BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Only Thing in Life that’s Consistent is… Change

Recent events have sparked certain emotions in my life that have caused me to ponder the mysteries that life brings us. I think each and every one of us has stopped at one moment in our lives and pondered how we got to that point. For some people, that point could be a faraway place they never thought they would be in. For some, life’s changes and challenges have brought them to a better understanding of who they are and have created a definition of the characteristics that mold us and define how we stand against the rest of the world. But one thing is certain, life is full of surprises and it brings much change.

A very close friend of mine is leaving in a few days to embark on a new journey that will shape him and that could set the tone for the rest of his adult life. As he prepares to take on this new challenge, an old acquaintance comes home from a similar experience. I call him acquaintance because the friendship that once was, has been damaged deeply and a reparation would be a challenging one. I think about these two individuals. I think about my own experience of leaving a world that was so comforting and so familiar only to come home 2 years later and finding a very different place waiting for me. I think about this old friend of mine and how what once was a great brotherhood was ripped apart by something that wasn’t even worth all the damage that it caused.

I sit here and wonder how life will be when my good friend comes back. I wonder what type of world he will be coming home to. A boy gets on that plane and leaves to a far away place where he will have to learn to face the world and all its pain and tribulations head on, who will the man be that comes back? Change is always a challenging aspect of our mortal lives. Plans are wonderful, they help us have a focus and allow us to set goals for ourselves, but the only thing that’s certain about this life is that it’s constantly changing and the key to success, is to be able to adapt well to those changes. There is a great truth in the commonly used phrase: “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” Our ability to adapt to the challenges that life gives us is what’s going to determine our success in this life. Life is too short and precious to be wasting it moping around and wishing that things hadn’t changed the way they did. Put your trust in that source of strength that you have. Whether it’s through your religious beliefs, your family, your friends, there is always something in your life that’s going to help you cope with the changes that life brings you.

I hope that as you read this, you find a little bit of encouragement in being able to face the challenges that change brings into our lives. May you all be blessed in the journey that life takes you on. God bless.

Dis.

4 comments:

TinTin said...

'change' has totally been on my mind lately. Great thoughts Dis, thanks!

Rachel Margaret said...

wow, this was very inspirational!! I loved it!! I have had thought on almost the same thing lately...your words were beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

David said...

Disraeli

This is a great blog post and i was wondering how wonderful it would be if you and your friend could work things out. We live in a world of opportunity and possibility.

Disraeli said...

David, recently we began talking again and I even asked him to come to my wedding. Things work out in the end :)